Desert Flower Blooms

Desert Flower Blooms

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Better Today than Yesterday

A few days before October first, hubby and I decided that we would embark upon a more healthy lifestyle.  At first, I found a video by Fully Raw Kristina, giving her testimony of her healing from hypoglycemia by eating raw foods.  I thought this was a gift from the Father to me.  I had never heard a testimony of someone so like me that was cured by simply eating healthy.  So we tried going completely raw and  I lasted until about supper time.  Then I was a goner.  But by the next day most of my neuropathy symptoms had begun to lessen.  So, we continued eating mostly raw until I saw Dr. Barnard was starting his 21-Day Kickstart.

Next we decided we were going to try Dr. Neal Barnard’s 21 day Kickstart.  After one day of adding in beans and grains and cooked food...my symptoms began to return and I just didn’t feel good.  So, we scrapped that idea.  

I have been following Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram and Megan Elizabeth for a good 6 months to a year now, on YouTube.  I love their videos and I think they are the picture of health.  I love that Megan is a rock climber and Kristina’s smile just lights up the screen.  I have been trying to add more fruits and veggies into my diet for some time.  I even tried the 21 day Reboot with Joe Cross, from Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.  But nothing seemed to “fit” for me.

For the last 9 days I have been eating mostly bananas as Freelee suggests, and frankly I am getting quite tired of bananas...although I still love them.  I have been eating other things as well, not just bananas.  

I began reading Dr. Douglas Graham’s book The 80/10/10 Diet .  It is chock full of excellent information and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in a raw vegan lifestyle.  It explains the reasoning and the science behind the raw food diet, in layman’s terms.  Easy quick read.
The other day I stumbled upon Freelee’s interview with her mom talking about Rawtill4.  Her mom has been eating all raw until 4PM and then having a high carb cooked meal with a salad for supper.  That sounds more like something that is doable for me.  There is just something about having a warm meal at supper time that is so appealing and comforting.  So, we have begun doing that.  

Today, by the grace of God, I stumbled upon Angela Stokes-Monarch’s testimony.  I cried through most of it.  While she was talking, it was as if she was reading my mail.  She was talking about me.  Her story sounds so like mine.  I could not believe it.  I would love to talk with her in person.  

After listening to her journey, I have found mine.  It took her 2 years to go completely raw and to lose 160 pounds.  Her story resonated in my soul and the biggest thing I heard was, be kind to yourself and begin with baby steps.  Don’t beat yourself up for not doing it perfectly …. Just be better today than you were yesterday.  

And so, I am content.  I am better today than I was yesterday.  I am making awesome changes. I am seeing a difference in my energy, my pain level, and just my overall attitude and outlook on life.  So, I will be recording my journey.  I pray you will come along with me.


No comments: