Desert Flower Blooms

Desert Flower Blooms

Friday, September 19, 2008

Wow!


It has been a bit since I wrote...and today, this evening I feel the need to ramble a bit. So maybe this will make sense, maybe it won't.


Life is definitely not orchestrated by me. If so, things would go very smoothly and I would never have any worries or concerns. Everything I wanted would come to pass and no one would be mad at me or upset with each other. Life would be wonderful! AND boring!


I guess what I am learning most, is the lack of control that I really have and honestly...it is humbling. I am self-centered enough to think that my opinion matters and that people should act on my advice because... of course, I am right! Right? NOT!


I am also, becoming keenly aware that others are having as bad a time, if not worse than me. I have so many things to be thankful for, and I am. I am so grateful for the awesome husband God has chosen for me. What a blessing! The friends...true friends that I have are an amazing boost to my heart and mind. What would I do without you. And my family. Oh how I love them, dysfunctional though they are. If only they knew how much I ache for them. But that is another blog posting all its own.


So yes, I am thankful and grateful for the blessings of God.


But....


My musing this evening is: How does God see me? Oh, I know the standard answer "God Loves You" and that is true, but really...How does God see me?


A lot of references in my life lately have been about the church Laodicea in Revelation three. It is the last of the 7 churches...and I know that is significant but that too, is for another blog post. The comments by the Master Yahshua to the other churches are prefaced with encouragement. The church of Laodicea begins and ends with a rebuke. He is NOT happy with the church. Too materialistic for your own good and LUKEWARM towards the Savior. Neither Hot nor Cold. His admonishment is to return to HIM...look for HIM...invite HIM in...Otherwise He will spit you out of His mouth.


Wow!


I am beginning to sense a real move in my life and in the life of the body of Messiah. He, the Master Yahshua, is calling me to a greater intimacy with HIM. Not to put it off or I will be caught unaware when He returns for the Bride.


I have to agree with HIM concerning my spiritual state...(first off He is God!) and I know, and have known for a long time that my heart and mind crave HIM but the things, cares, and worries of this world are distracting me from running after the shepherd of my soul.


I will end with the words to a song that I wrote many years ago.


The bridegroom:

Oh, my dove

that art in the cleft of the rock

in the secret places of the stair.

Let me see

thy countenance,

let me hear thy voice for sweet is thy voice.


The bride:

I hear your voice

at the window of my heart

saying "Come away with me.

Make a brand new start"

I hear your voice at the window my heart

saying "Come away with me.

Make a brand new start."

No comments: