Desert Flower Blooms

Desert Flower Blooms

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Daddy....


My daddy turns 80 in just a few days from now. Oh how I love my daddy! Yes, I am 54 years old and I still call him daddy!

To me, he is the greatest daddy in the world. He loves me. He hasn't always said the words, but I have known for all my life that he loves me. He loves all of his children. I know it. How? He worries, gets angry, cries for them, and silently wishes they would call or come by...or just send and email or card. Yep...that's my daddy.

He is such a smart man and can he write or what? He has recently started writing his memoirs. I love it when he sends me a copy of them. I have learned more about my daddy in the last few years than I have known my whole life.

Why, wonder of wonders, he was a kid! Yeah! Can you believe it? A real kid with adventures and stories....my, my! I never thought of my daddy as a kid. Oh, I knew he was one once but I have only ever known him as my daddy. Strong, quiet, firm, gentle... He still is, but now I understand him just a little better. And I appreciate him a whole lot more.

I can't believe he is going to be 80 years old soon. I hope there are 80 more to come. I really like having him around.

Happy Birthday Daddy!

No comments: