Desert Flower Blooms

Desert Flower Blooms

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Adventures in Moving Part 1

So much has happened and to try and backtrack and tell of all the wonderful miracles HaShem has performed would be a huge task in itself.  I will not attempt this.  I will only say that every step along the way has been a testimony to His Grace toward His children.  In Psalm 119 He tells us that His Word is a Lamp unto our Feet and a Light to our Path.  I have truly experienced this in the last two months.  Each time it seemed that we were losing our way, I would pray for confirmation, Light,  to be sure we were on the right path.  And each time, WITHOUT FAIL, Abba would give us a sign of some sort to help us keep our faith and continue in the way He was leading.  I have never before experienced such faithfulness.  Not because of Him but because I was never faithful enough to pray at each step.  

This journey has changed my life.  It is said that Hebrew people pray 3 times a day.  I would love to learn to be that faithful.  But, baby steps, right?   Gabriel and I have started each day for the last 3 months with the Shema and the Prayer to Our Father, then spending time in prayer together.  It doesn't take very long...about 15-20 minutes.  What it does take though, is faithfulness and commitment.  This has been one of the lessons we have learned on this journey.  First of all, we have realized how Unfaithful and Uncommitted we have been.  Oh, we thought we were very spiritual!  But after a few months of our morning prayers.... well, we got a good glimpse of how faithless we really were.  That was an eye-opener for me.

Another thing that we have learned is to trust in HIM and not people.  People will let you down, no matter how good their intentions.  No matter how much you love them, and admire them, people are people and they are human.  Go figure!  :-)  People are Human!  And Yahuah is YHWH and He is merciful and kind and gracious to us -- HUMANS!  Thank you Abba!

The last thought for today is: People are God's messengers.  We have had so many miracles happen because of God's people.  I am so grateful to EVERYONE in my life.  It doesn't matter if you scold me or encourage me, I am so grateful you are a part of my life.  Some of you have caused us to stop and take inventory, to really look at our journey.  It was hurtful at first, until I realized, it is good to have balanced scales.  If the scales of our life only tipped in the direction of our desires we would be really spoiled children.  But people who don't agree with us, keep us on the straight and narrow.  I appreciate their role in my life, and frankly, I love them for it.  For with every discouraging comment, comes a resolve in my heart to make sure that I am doing the right thing.  For those who are my encouragers, I appreciate you because you help me to weather the negative enough to get to the positive assurance of my direction.  How I thank you!  

So, for Part 1 of this amazing adventure I will just say that Abba has blessed us with some wonderful friends who are going out of their way to make our last days in Texas as wonderful and stress free as possible.   I would like to say THANK YOU to them.  What a blessing!  

For the next 10 days we will be in an oasis in the Texas hill country.  We still have some packing to accomplish and some items to be shipped, but Abba has provided us a sanctuary to get away from the hub-bub in the evenings to rest and refresh ourselves.  

All Praise and Esteem to the Mighty One of Yisrael!

No comments: