Desert Flower Blooms

Desert Flower Blooms

Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 1 - Do you...?



Ask yourself: Do you believe that self-transformation is truly possible? Do you want to change?  Are you prepared to resolve to do so?

The above questions come from a 60 Day devotional that I receive in my email.  The 60 Days are in preparation and celebration of the upcoming Jewish High Holy Days.  The first 30 days are days of repentance and returning to the Lord in order to truly appreciate the celebration of the Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and Sukkot.  I am a little behind in the devotionals, but I think beginning today is fortuitous.

Today I begin my health reboot.  It is a 10 day "program" of both raw and cooked vegetables and fruits along with "smoothies" or "juices" to be included throughout the day. Now I have done this before and then at the 'end' of the prescribed time, promptly returned to my old ways of eating.  

So, in answer to the questions above: 
I do believe transformation is possible.  I believe that with the sacredness of these 60 Days that I will have a little extra help from above to make a true transformation.

I do want to change.  I want to change the way I live, the way I relate to others, the way I approach life in general.  I want to change my health and I want to basically LIVE.

Am I prepared to resolve to do all of this transforming?  I can only say that I am as prepared today FOR TODAY as I can be.  I know that I resolve to make tomorrow better than today as well.  So, yes, I would have to say I am prepared to resolve to make this transformation.  

As the days go on, I will continue to update my progress.  I will record both the good and the not-so-good.  I don't want to call it "bad," because I don't believe mis-steps in a process are "bad."  They are simply, bumps in the road to the goal.  I pray there are few bumps and mostly smooth sailing from here.  

Shalom for today.

No comments: