Desert Flower Blooms

Desert Flower Blooms

Monday, August 5, 2013

Courage to Change

A third round of antibiotics!  NOT good.  So tired of being tired.  The doctor took a look at the wound on my breast and said..."Nope, that should be completely gone by now."

Frankly, I agree with her.  I don't want to go to that dark place of "what if?"  So I am trying to think positively.  I actually am not making a judgement at all.  

It is times like these when I KNOW I am not in control.  I have to depend on the Almighty and Eternal One to see me through whatever comes.  I know He loves me and only wants the best for me.  It is ME that is the problem.  

I realize that I have not been good to my body at all.  I have abused it horribly with food and lack of exercise.  This is what I have sown and so I must reap that which I have sown.  I must depend upon His mercy for forgiveness and His grace to face the consequences of my actions with courage and dependence on Him.  

The prayer I find myself saying is the Serenity Prayer.  Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,  the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

So, there are going to be some changes made.  Stay tuned.

No comments: